The primary functions of the Landscape Committee are to advise and assist the Board and make suggestions and recommendations to the Board of Directors in regard to maintaining and enhancing the
appeal of the common areas owned by the Homeowners Association. Additionally, they may provide
resources for the homeowners to be published at the Board’s discretion in the newsletter or on the
association’s website (such as educational articles, landscaping tips and hints, native plant lists, etc.)
To accomplish this goal, the Board of Directors shall assign the Landscape Committee with tasks which
may include but not be limited to the following:
- Brainstorm ideas and make written recommendations to the Board.
- Assist in implementing approved landscape design.
- Improve and maintain the integrity of the landscape in our community.
- Evaluate landscape contractor performance and verify completion of work orders through evaluation of reports and area walkthroughs.
- Address any necessary changes from the present landscape design.
- Address maintenance of all areas that impacts the Association’s landscaping goals.
- Review and advise the Board of Directors regarding all landscape infrastructure including irrigation, drainage, conservation, and long-range landscape planning concerns.
- Plan events with the Social Committee that benefit the landscaping and bring the community together. Some examples: mulch for the neighborhood, trail tree clean-up, etc.
- Submit articles to the Community Manager which details the event as well as photos for website.
- Report activities to and work to the Board of Directors.
- Recommend an annual budget with an estimated cost for expected projects and create an itemized budget to be approved by the Board of Directors.
The committee does not have authority to direct any staff employed by the landscape company.
Committee candidates and members shall be residents in good standing. Good standing shall be defined
as the absence of any liens, privilege penalty, outstanding assessment or fine balances, CC&R Violations
or pending legal action with the Association.
Appointment and Term
The Board of Directors shall invite interested homeowners to express their desire to serve on the
committee through the newsletter, email, word of mouth, announcement at the board meetings, or by
any other means deemed appropriate by the Board. Interested homeowners must submit a written
request to the management team to be considered. The Board of Directors may remove any Committee
member at any time, with or without cause.
Election of Officers
The Committee shall consist of at least one (1) member, but no more than five (5). The Board shall
appoint the Chairperson of the Committee. Other officers of the Committee may be elected by the
Committee membership. At a minimum, the Committee shall elect a Secretary, who will be responsible
for recording accurate minutes of the Committee’s meetings and submitting them to the Board of
Directors in a timely manner.
The Chairperson, or his or her designee, shall be responsible for chairing meetings of the Committee.
The Committee Chair shall have the overall responsibility and authority to coordinate all aspects of the Committee activities.
The Committee shall contact and involve all volunteers who signed up at the Annual Meeting.
The Committee shall meet, as necessary, to review past activities and to organize future messages.
The Committee Chairperson shall be responsible for contacting the members of the Committee regarding
rescheduled or canceled meetings. At least one member shall attend Board meetings to provide an
update to the community.
The Committee may communicate with the community via the official communication channels
approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee may not communicate with the community by
social media, unless otherwise authorized by the Board of Directors.
When appropriate, the Committee may provide a quarterly Committee Activity update to Board, c/o Management, 15 days before the scheduled Board Meeting.
In the interest of ensuring strong communications between the Board of Directors and the
Committee, it is expected that the Committee Chairperson, or his or her designee, will submit a
written report of the goals and accomplishments to the Board via the management company for
the Annual Meeting.