Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I have a Basketball Goal?
- The pole must be permanently mounted into the ground to the side of the driveway in a full upright position not less than 25’ back from where the vertical face of the curb meets the street.
- The pole, backboard and net must be maintained in good condition at all times.
- Poles may not be installed in front of the garage or facing into the street.
- The goal must be properly maintained and painted, with the net and backboard maintained in good repair at all times.
- The goal must be placed to the side of the driveway no more than 5 feet from the rear of the house and maintained at all times in a full upright position.
- Goals may not be rolled into the street, alley, or any other public right-of-way
I want to use a “POD” for a while. How long can I have one and where?
POD’s may be used for a period up to 2 weeks without prior approval. However, it is recommended that you contact RealManage and let them know the dates that you intend to have a POD on your property so that the inspectors can be aware of it. Suggested location is on the driveway, as close to the house as possible.
I want to add an improvement. What is the procedure?
The ACC guidelines and other documents for submitting a request can be found at the ACC Documents page.